With summer around the corner, and restrictions easing up a little, we can finally think about inviting our nearest and dearest over again! First? It’s time to refresh your hosting skills – so if you’re looking for some table setting inspo, you have come to the right place.
1. The bare essentials: your dining room table. if you’ve got a statement dining room table, leave it naked – you can do without table cloth! This will allow you to incorporate some decorative and patterned napkins or placemats to dress it up. If, however, you have a table cloth, try keeping your other decorative elements more on the minimalist side
2. Next on the agenda: pre-plan before you plate up! We suggest having a think about the number of courses and type of food you will serving before you select your dinnerware. Dress your dining room table with your crockery if you plan to let your guests serve from their seating. Plates don’t always need a place on the table.
- If it’s a big dinner party, we think that mixing and matching different dining chairs from around the house is a whole mood! Not only does it look unique, but also means that your friends and family can pick their favourite seating. You can even get creative with different scatters for an extra cozy & comfy touch.
- Bring out the blooms! Our top tip is to cut the stems short, and arrange them in several small vases in a staggered line or groups of three. Any taller table centre pieces will prevent conversations between guests on opposite sides of the table.
- No candle sticks? No problem. We recommend dotting a few little tealights on a platter or around the flowers or on a lovely platter. Candle light always adds a great ambiance to any dinner party, and we have no doubt that your guests will appreciate that flattering glow!
- Down to the details: Too much cutlery can just become clutter, so let's stick to the basics. Place forks to the left of your plate, and knives and spoons to the right. Best for last is dessert, of course, and that spoon goes right on top. For glassware, a water tumbler is useful, and wine glasses add an elegant touch.
Wanting to heighten your hosting? Look no further, we’ve got all the bits and bobs you could ever wish for! Shop our DINING COLLECTION here.